Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Act Of Kindness

It was a Friday night. My friends and I just got out of the bar we were getting ready to go get some more beer. I knew that drinking and driving is bad but that night I risked it. While we were in the store getting more beer, a guy came in the store and he had blood all over his clothes and face. I asked him if he was okay and he said that he is fine, that a few guys had jumped him outside of the bar where me and my friends were at. I was so scared and worried for the guy that I asked him if he needed a ride home. He told me that he was going to be fine and that his car was parked outside of the store. So I asked him if he needed me to follow him home. He said not to worry about him. So when me and my friends got out of the store we waited for him to get out. As soon as he got out he walked over to his car and got in. I decided to walk over and talk to him. I saw him bleeding all over his head and his face was cut open. Even tough I didn't know the guy, I was really worried for him. I told him to let me take him to the hospital. He kept refusing and kept saying don't worry. Well I didn't let him say no. I told him I was taking him to the hospital and not taking no for an answer. While we were there arguing for about twenty mins. The police came up behind us and asked us '' what is going on"? I told the officer "This guy needs help, he is bleeding a lot and he might be losing blood." The officer looked at him and asked him what happened? He told the officer everything that happened and the officer said that they were going to call an ambulance. The officer asked him if he has been drinking and he told them he hasn't had a drink all night. I was just waiting for the officer to ask me if I had been drinking but he didn't so man was I lucky. I been drinking and driving but they didn't ask me anything. So even tough I was drinking and driving I still risked it for a guy I didn't even know.

No comments: